Salida has a tarnished history. Be guided through the dark, murderous, haunted streets of the past with knowledgeable guides on this nighttime-only tour.
Ask about ghosts in Salida, and you'll hear plenty of stories. Learn about this town's haunted history on a tour of Salida's grisly past. Let your guide take you through the dark streets, pointing out the infamous red light district and the exact locations of murders and active spirits. See where ghosts wander to this day.
- Uncover details of the horrible, true story of Salida's only serial killer
- See where 6 women and children died in a terrible accident
- Visit sites of current ghost hauntings
- Walk the location of a gruesome lynching
- Listen to bloody tales of local murders
- Be captivated by the tale of a miner who was literally frightened to death - by spirits
- Learn why a man decided to sleep on the train tracks, and paid for it dearly
- Hear a chilling, real ghost train story
- Learn true stories of Salida's colorful history, including brothels and saloons
All tours begin and end in downtown Salida, at the end of F Street, in front of the red caboose, located at the base of 'S' Mountain.
Tour runs Friday and Saturday at 6:00 pm (November to February), and daily at 9:00 pm (March to October).
Maximum capacity of 20.
Tour runs rain, snow, or sun.
What to bring/wear
- Weather appropriate attire: Salida Walking Tours are outdoors, in direct sunlight, wind, and cold. We recommend that you wear a hat year-round and layer heavily in the winter.
- A bottle of water for hydration
- Correct change is appreciated if paying by cash
- A camera
- Comfortable footwear - Salida Walking Tours covers up to 12 blocks (depending on tour), 0.5-1.5 miles
The route is wheelchair accessible.
Suitable for adults and children of all fitness levels.
When we schedule a spot for you with Salida Walking Tours, we also plan a tour guide. If there are no-shows, we still incur staffing expenses. For this reason, we do not issue refunds if your tour is canceled less than 24 hours in advance. We will, however, gladly reschedule you for another time. All fees are refunded to you if your trip is canceled due to unsafe weather conditions, but, this is rare. We usually conduct tours regardless of rain or shine or snow.
Weather Policy: We will cancel, reschedule, or postpone tours due to bad weather. We reserve the right to delay a trip up to one hour to wait out inclement weather and then resume the tour. We want you to experience a fabulous tour, but nature cannot be predicted or controlled, and we will not risk our guests’ safety.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write a review!